Hot on the heels of the success of the show, "Who Wants to Marry a
Multi-Millionaire?", welcome to "Who Wants to Marry a Software
Engineer?", Silicon Valley's newest game show.
Here's your contestant questionnaire ...
- What quality do you value most in your partner?
- A sense of humor.
- Emotional maturity.
- High bandwidth.
- When you get home at the end of the day, you like to:
- Turn on the Silicon Valley Business report, and eat dinner.
- Hook up to your ISP, and check out the hit count on your web page.
- Recharge your cell phone, laptop, and wireless modem, change batteries on your pager, and resynchronize your Palm Pilot and home computer.
- Your ideal partner is:
- Interesting and attractive.
- Emotionally mature and understanding.
- Extensible and polymorphic.
- In spiritually difficult times, you often turn to:
- Kernighan and Ritchie
- If go over to your partner's place and think its a mess, you would:
- Complain to him/her, and tell them to tidy up.
- Call a maid service.
- Make clean
- What kind of car would you like to buy next, and why?
- A BMW, because people will see that I am rich and successful.
- A Jeep, because it's youthful, rugged, and won't break down.
- A Honda because the engine control computer can be hacked for more horsepower.
- If your partner comes home from work complaining bitterly about his boss, you will:
- Give him a hug, pour him a drink, and tell him you love him.
- Commiserate about how unfair managers can be.
- Forge the boss's e-mail address, and subscribe him to 17 pornography mailing lists.
- Name the 4 essential food groups:
- Fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy.
- Coffee, chocolate, takeout, ice cream.
- rec.food.cooking, rec.food.veg, ba.food, alt.food.chocolate
- You like to travel with your partner because:
- You share new experiences together.
- You learn about each other in different situations.
- You get more use out of your wireless modem.
- How would you describe your attitude towards religion?
- "I'm not particularly religious."
- "I believe in emacs, but can use vi."
- "I think emacs can be configured as a full IDE."
- You think a relationship is ready for a permanent commitment because:
- You've successfully struggled through several years of good and bad times.
- You're already living together, so you might as well tie the knot.
- You finally got your local network configured just right.
- If you and your partner got married, you would want to:
- Keep your last name.
- Change your last name.
- Combine your names with a hyphen.
- Combine your names with an underscore.
- You and your partner think it's time to have children when:
- Your stock options are vested.
- You've agreed on the requirements and design.
- You've come up with a good naming convention.
- You really understand the use of multiple inheritance.